Literally, “to make the curious talk”—the French’s notorious explain-all reason given to account for why things are the way they are, without really explaining anything. Often used as a snappish comeback to questions posed by inquisitive children who just won’t shut up. Generally emphasized with a shrug and at least one contemptuously raised eyebrow.

12.19.2005

feeling better

Lately I’ve been feeling a little down. Holiday limbo is quickly winding down yet I can’t rustle up the desire to do any Christmas shopping. Work has been busy (an improvement on boring) but annoyingly time-absorptive. Creative intentions are strong yet creative energy is at an all-time low.

However, this article made me feel better. I may not be doing work that I love, writing the next American novel or saving the world but I’m sure as hell not decorating Ruby Tuesday’s and TGIF restaurants for a living.

2 Comments:

Blogger RJW said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:45 PM

 
Blogger RJW said...

the evil 404 (as opposed my favorite, 409)

7:47 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home