Literally, “to make the curious talk”—the French’s notorious explain-all reason given to account for why things are the way they are, without really explaining anything. Often used as a snappish comeback to questions posed by inquisitive children who just won’t shut up. Generally emphasized with a shrug and at least one contemptuously raised eyebrow.

6.09.2005

dream job

I applied back in February, got a call for an interview in April, I snuck out of work one week into my new job in order to go to the interview, I've been calling them every week since, and today I called to find out that FOUR MONTHS LATER they've dropped a letter in the mail telling me that I was close, but no cigar.

The thing is, I knew it was a long shot from the get-go. I was wishful but not optimistic. Excited but realistic. But I haven't been able to commit to my current job or even a gym in my work area because this too-good-to-be-true possibility was hanging over my head. And now I'm disappointed. But I guess four months of hoping does that to a person.

Damn it.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sucks. You'll find something better, I'm sure of it!

2:36 PM

 
Blogger RJW said...

sorry to hear. 4 months without a word, that's rough, of course, i'm used to it now working for the us govt.

9:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home