Literally, “to make the curious talk”—the French’s notorious explain-all reason given to account for why things are the way they are, without really explaining anything. Often used as a snappish comeback to questions posed by inquisitive children who just won’t shut up. Generally emphasized with a shrug and at least one contemptuously raised eyebrow.

4.29.2006

san francisco treats (part I)

The lecherous, entirely un-seductive looks that the waiter at Ghiradelli's kept giving me. And my boyfriend.

The awesome old houses scattered everywhere in the city.

The hills--when they're not making my companions feel violently vomitous.

The sea lions lounging around Pier 39 like fat broads on a beach.

The she-man who tried to pick Jed up while I was in the bathroom. Back off, bitch/man-ho!

The joys of a hookah, apple-flavored tobacco, hot tea and baklava.

The horror of eastern European chest hair tangled in gold chains.

Funky Feroshus Sizzle sax solos.

Pimps and hos in the Tenderloin district.

Bouncing from hotel bed to hotel bed. If you know what I mean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home